Qbic is Expanding
Green credentials, modern pragmatism, quirky style and sociability are the values that sit at the heart of Qbic, and set us apart from the rest.
These values, combined with our industry leading hotel build times are why we are backed by international giants Cerberus. Together, we are now looking to acquire suitable buildings throughout the UK and Europe.
Qbic Property Requirements:
With significant financial backing we are looking to purchase:
- Existing hotels suitable for rebranding
- Buildings in alternative use (office, student, PRS, hostel, etc) suitable for conversion
- Sites with planning permission for hotel (C1) or an alternative use with a firm prospect for change of use to hotel
Qbic Size Requirements:
We have developed a successful 16 sqM room format, with this in mind we would like to view details of:
- Existing hotels with existing bedroom count of, or with potential to reconfigure to provide, at least 100 bedrooms
- Existing buildings, in alternative use, with a minimum GIA of 3500 SqM – ideally around 6000 sqM
- Sites consented, or with the firm prospect of being consented for a minimum GIA of 3500 sqM – ideally around 6000 sqM
Qbic Location Requirements:
Our focus over the next 3-5 years is on strong or emerging city locations in the UK and Europe, including but not limited to:
- London – locations that are within Zone 1 and 2, close to public transport infrastructure, in either mature central locations, to include Kings Cross, Paddington, Victoria and Waterloo, or emerging areas with compelling growth prospects such as Bethnal Green, Hackney, Bermondsey, Southwark, Brixton, Shepherds Bush and others.
- UK – primary targets include Edinburgh, Manchester and other key UK regional cities
- Europe – primary targets include Amsterdam, Barcelona, Berlin, Dublin, Milan, Paris and Rome but consideration will be given to other cities that can demonstrate strong leisure and commercial demand drivers
Qbic Tenure Requirements:
We have a strong preference for freehold, long leasehold or equivalent, but we will give consideration to lease and associated rental in certain circumstances.